A vehicle’s braking system is its single most important safety feature, and cannot be taken for granted. Worn or out-of-adjustment brake parts will increase stopping distances, thereby compromising safety. Whether you have anti-lock brakes or not, when you’re driving on a curving hillside in a picturesque Vancouver suburb or on wet, icy roads in the Coquitlam area, you have to trust that your brakes are up to the task! Your Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centre mechanic will visually inspect the brakes at your regular oil and filter change and let you know of the need for brake repairs. Additionally, you should be alert to signs such as the following:
- You sense that the car is taking longer to come to a stop
- Your car feels like it’s pulling to the left or right when you brake
- You feel vibration in the steering wheel when you apply the brakes
- You hear a high-pitched squeal (indicating worn brake calipers, drums or rotors)
- You hear a grinding sound when you apply the brakes (indicating severe damage to brake pads or brake shoes)
- You have to push your brake pedal to the floor when you brake (indicating a leak in the brake system or problems with the brake cylinder)
Bring your car in to one of our Minit-Tune Brake & Auto Centres where our Vancouver brake repair experts will diagnose and repair the problem!
Parts and Brake Repairs Vancouver-Area Drivers Trust
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centre technicians are trained to inspect, diagnose and repair all types of braking systems. Whether it is a simple brake adjustment or diagnosing and repairing anti-lock braking systems, our professional technicians will pinpoint the problem, and fix it right.
We use brake parts that meet or exceed the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (OEM) specifications, and provide our customers with a limited lifetime* warranty on brake pads and shoes for as long as you own your vehicle.
We take safety in braking very seriously. This is why we offer brake inspections as a primary part of our oil change maintenance package. Roll into one of our 18 Vancouver, BC, and Alberta locations today to make sure your brakes are working optimally!