A vehicle’s braking system is its single most important safety feature, and cannot be taken for granted. Worn or out-of-adjustment brake parts will increase stopping distances and compromise your safety. Whether you’re driving in a Vancouver suburb or on wet, icy roads in Coquitlam or Maple Ridge, you have to trust that your brakes are up to the task! Your Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centre mechanic will visually inspect the brakes at your regular oil and filter change and let you know of the need for brake repairs. Additionally, you should be alert to signs of brake stress such as the following:
- You sense that the car is taking longer to come to a stop
- Your car feels like it’s pulling to the left or right when you brake
- You feel vibration in the steering wheel when you apply the brakes
- You hear a high-pitched squeal (indicating worn or defective brake pads, shoes, drums or rotors)
- You hear a grinding sound when you apply the brakes (indicating severe damage to brake rotors or brake drums )
- You have to push your brake pedal to the floor when you brake (indicating a leak in the brake system or problems with the brake master cylinder)
- You are at a stop sign with your foot on the brake pedal and the pedal sinks (indicating problems with the brake master cylinder)
Bring your car in to one of our Minit-Tune Brake & Auto Centres where our Vancouver brake repair experts will diagnose and repair the problem!
Vancouver Drivers Trust Our Brake Parts
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centre technicians are trained to inspect, diagnose and repair all types of braking systems. Whether a simple brake adjustment or diagnosing and repairing anti-lock braking systems, our professional technicians will pinpoint the problem, and fix it right.
We use only brake parts that meet or exceed the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications. Additionally, we provide our customers with a limited lifetime* defect warranty on brake pads and shoes for as long as you own the vehicle.
We take safety in braking very seriously. This is why we offer brake inspections as a primary part of our oil change maintenance package. Roll into one of our 18 Vancouver, BC, and Alberta locations today to make sure your brakes are working optimally!