4 benefits of frequent air conditioner checks
Your car’s air conditioning (AC) system is integral to keeping you and your passengers comfortable during the summer’s hottest days. If your AC breaks down, it can be expensive to fix and make your car unbearable to drive. Regular air conditioner checks can prevent expensive repairs and keep you cool. Here are four benefits of getting regular AC checks.
1. Improve efficiency. Using your air conditioner puts extra stress on your car’s engine. Consequently, a clogged air filter or leaking refrigerant can cause your air conditioner to work harder to cool your vehicle, causing your engine to burn more fuel. Regular AC checks will keep your levels topped off and your filters clean, increasing the efficiency of your vehicle.
2. You’ll save money. Air conditioners are expensive to fix or replace. Therefore, don’t wait until your air conditioner stops working to bring it to an automotive centre. During a regular maintenance tune-up, an auto technician can spot minor problems before they become costly repairs.
3. Improve air quality. Your air conditioner keeps you cool while you drive, but it also cleans the air inside your vehicle by recirculating it through filters to remove dust and other contaminants. Without regular AC checks, your filters can get filled with debris which can blow into the cabin and cause unpleasant symptoms.
4. Preserve resale value. Most used car buyers want a vehicle with a functioning, efficient air conditioning system. If you intend to sell your car, you should book an appointment for an air conditioner check to ensure it works perfectly when it’s time to sell.
When to check my air conditioner
Your air conditioning system can loose up to 10 percent of its refrigerant every year. Consequently, you should get your AC checked every two years to ensure smooth operation. However, you should get your system inspected right away if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- It makes strange noises and hissing sounds
- It blows warm or hot air
- It cycles on and off frequently
- It emits strange odours
AC units are complicated systems. Consequently, these problems can be caused by a refrigerant leak, broken compressor or an electrical issue. A certified AC technician can identify the cause.
Air conditioner checks and repairs in British Columbia and Alberta
At Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres, we have professional diagnostic equipment to identify leaks in your vehicle’s air conditioning system. We have 14 convenient locations in BC, so you can easily find a location near you to book a tune-up.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.