5 Signs It’s Time For A Tune-Up
To keep your ride in peak condition, regular tune-ups provided by an auto repair specialist are a must. Preventive maintenance involves changing various fluids and replacing spark plugs, ignition coils, wires, filters and other worn-out parts as needed. If you’re wondering if you should get a mechanic to tune up your car, here are five indications it’s time.
- You have difficulty starting your car. A vehicle that fails to start easily can point to a number of problems, including ignition issues that can be fixed with a simple tune-up. If routine maintenance doesn’t fix the problem, your auto technician will be able to diagnose the problem and fix it.
- Your car frequently stalls. Faulty spark plugs or dirty connectors can cause a car to stall. Pay attention to the timing of when and the circumstances in which the engine fails. For example, does it happen when it’s cold or hot outside? Or perhaps your car stalls when the air conditioning is running? This information will help your mechanic identify the problem.
- You hear strange sounds. Peculiar noises coming from under your hood when idling or accelerating may point to failing spark plugs. Additionally, unusual sounds when picking up speed or driving on a hill are a sign of engine trouble. Oftentimes, these issues can be solved with a tune-up.
- Your fuel economy is worse than usual. Dirty or worn-out spark plugs or fuel injection issues may cause your vehicle to burn more fuel than usual. If a tank of gas doesn’t go as far as it usually does, it’s time to visit your local mechanic.
- You’ve reached the manufacturer’s recommended mileage. Some or all of the previously mentioned issues can be avoided with regular maintenance. Every car comes with a manufacturer-recommended timeline for how often you should bring it in for a tune-up.
A general rule of thumb is that older vehicles without electronic ignitions should be checked out every 15,000 to 30,000 kilometres. Newer vehicles can usually go 50,000 to 100,000 kilometres before maintenance is needed. Check your car’s manual for a more precise range.
Reliable Auto Maintenance & Repair in Western Canada
Is it time to tune up your car? If so, you can trust the reliable auto repair professionals at Minit-Tune & Brake with caring for your vehicle. We have 18 locations across Western Canada from Vancouver to Calgary and our customer service is second to none. Find a Minit-Tune location near you today to book an appointment!
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.