Back-to-School Car Tune-Ups and Auto Repair in Vancouver and Surrounding Areas
In just a few days, kids will be going back to school and parents will be enjoying some much needed rest and relaxation. But not before tackling their children’s car care maintenance! If you are planning to conduct a maintenance review on your son or daughter’s car, don’t wait. September is a busy time of year for auto repair in Vancouver and surrounding cities, so the earlier you book an appointment, the better. In the meantime, here is a car care checklist to help prepare your student for a great school year and a safe and enjoyable driving experience.
- Check fluid levels of engine oil, coolant and transmission, and brake and power steering. If your car is leaking fluid, you may be able to determine what it is and where it is coming from, based on the color of the liquid.
- Testing the battery with a voltmeter will tell you if the battery needs to be replaced. If it shows signs of reduced performance, consider replacing it to ensure the vehicle doesn’t leave your child stranded by the roadside.
- Inspect the tires for uneven tread wear, nails or other potential hazards. When filling air in the tires, be sure to follow the vehicle manufacturer’s suggested pressure, which is located in most vehicles on a sticker inside the driver’s door, center console, glove compartment lid or in the owner’s manual.
- Also ensure there is an inflated spare tire, jack, lug wrench and jumper cables in the trunk.
- Check the headlights, brake lights, turn signals and emergency flashing lights to make sure they are working properly.
Finding a trusted mechanic to manage your car’s regular maintenance can save you a lot of time and money, especially if you are not familiar with all the working parts of a vehicle. If you have any concerns following your own inspection, a qualified mechanic at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres can help. We will perform a safety check to help minimize maintenance issues down the road and ensure your student is off to a great start to the new school year. We use only name-brand parts, offer affordable prices and a 15,000 km or twelve-month guarantee. From tune-ups, oil changes and brake repairs to specialty repairs and maintenance, including mufflers, shocks, cooling systems, carburetors, and more, you can count on us for fast, reliable car care service every time.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.