Exploring BC? Here Are a Few Places to Consider First
Are you planning on touring the beautiful landscapes of British Columbia? There are so many exciting places to visit and if you plan to do a road trip, you can plan the perfect route and squeeze in numerous attractions, historical landmarks, and more.
Some Popular Neighbourhoods to Explore in BC
The Vancouver and Victoria neighbourhoods are architecturally breathtaking, historical and the perfect place to drive, stop and take a walk around. A few neighbourhoods we suggest visiting first include:
- Downtown Vancouver – There are tons of attractions downtown, including the B.C. Place Museum, Chinese Cultural Centre, Pacific Mineral Museum, and even the H.R. Macmillan Space Centre.
- Chinatown – Visit the iconic Chinatown village in Vancouver or Victoria BC, and explore the shops, culture and of course, the eateries.
- Little India – Explore the restaurants, Punjabi Market and much more as you drive to and park in Little India.
- Granville Island – Granville Island in Vancouver is surrounded by Broker’s Bay, False Creek and Alder Bay. At the visitor’s centre just off Old Bridge Street and Cartwright Street, you can get a list of activities and attractions to explore.
- James Bay – In Victoria, visit James Bay. Take a walk on Fisherman’s Wharf, visit the Pacific Undersea Gardens, and even the Emily Carr House.
- Oak Bay Village – The perfect place to park and enjoy an afternoon at the Oak Bay Marina and surrounding locations.
Driving Routes to Try Out
BC is full of driving routes. Instead of trying to figure out maps and craft your own route, you can use the pre-made routes and ensure you see all of the attractions of BC. Just some routes and destinations we recommend include:
- Abbotsford – See farms, local orchards, and vineyards as well as other urban amenities. You can stop at Heritage Discovery Circle, take a Langley Circle Farm Tour or even go on an Abbotsford Circle Farm Tour.
- Castlegar – There are several routes to explore, each focusing on the Kootenay and Columbia rivers.
- Harrison Hot Springs – Enjoy routes that cruise through the forests and offer direct access to mineral hot springs, hiking trails and sandy beaches.
- 100 Mile House – These routes explore the cowboy culture of Canada and can even include a guest visit to a ranch.
Before heading out on an epic driving adventure, visit the team at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres. We offer expert auto repair in Vancouver and can ensure your vehicle is ready for the challenge of a long, scenic drive. Schedule your repair or service in BC—book an appointment today and visit one of our 16 convenient locations.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.