Green Technologies for Today’s Car Owner
If you are all about being eco-friendly, then the latest green technologies will undoubtedly get you going. With the growing awareness of sustainability and environmental protection, more manufacturers are presenting new vehicles with green technology. Not only are these better for Earth, but they are also better on your wallet. From the better mileage to fewer trips to the gas pump, you will appreciate the green technology in more ways than one.
Exciting Features to Look for in Your Next Eco-Friendly Vehicle
From fewer carbon emissions to cheaper gas, these are some of the exciting features you want in your next green car:
- Lightweight: To save more on gas, you want a car that has a lighter weight than the average vehicle. Using light metals, these cars will not consume as much gas or be as hard on the engine. Also, you will get better aerodynamics, which means faster acceleration too.
- Emission Sensors Built In: Today’s modern vehicle also has an emission sensor and control that helps your car stay on par with government standards. You will want to see which sensors your vehicle includes, but most are designed to indicate when you need servicing so that your car passes any emission test requirements.
- LED Lights: LED lights are energy and fuel efficient for your vehicle. They are also brighter, which means better visibility at night or in poor weather conditions.
- Hybrid Engine Options: You might not want a fully electric vehicle, but you also do not want to stick with traditional gas. That is where the hybrid engine comes into play. These hybrids switch between both gas and electric to offer more mileage and fewer trips to the gas station.
- Air Filtration: Breathe clean air inside your vehicle with a medical-grade HEPA filter built-in. These filters can remove the exhaust, allergens, and pollution in the air. They are also ideal for drivers and passengers with allergies and asthma.
- Regenerative Braking Systems: A newer feature on eco-friendly cars is regenerative braking systems. These recharge your battery each time you brake, which then helps your battery charge last longer on hybrid and electric cars.
One of the most significant benefits of having an eco-friendly car is the higher resale value. With more consumers wanting vehicles that are efficient and affordable, you will find that the value of your car holds up longer than a traditional gas-using vehicle.
Get More out of Your Eco-Friendly Car by Getting Your Auto Repairs
Electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles all require routine maintenance so that you can maximize their safety and efficiency. Bring your car into Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centre today for your routine maintenance or for repairs. Our technicians know hybrid vehicles, and we can help you maximize your investment.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.