The Importance of Following Your Vehicle Maintenance Schedule
Neglecting regular car maintenance can lead to a host of issues, ranging from decreased performance to costly repairs. Here’s more information on why you should follow your vehicle maintenance schedule, followed by a list of the types of scheduled maintenance your car requires.
Benefits of Sticking to Your Car Manufacturer’s Schedule
Sticking to the maintenance plan is more than a suggestion. Here are a few ways you benefit by staying on top of the recommended schedule.
- Prolong your vehicle’s lifespan. Regular car maintenance tasks, such as oil changes, filter replacements and tire rotations, help your vehicle operate efficiently. This translates to a longer lifespan for your car, saving you money on premature replacements.
- Ensure your safety on the road. Properly maintained vehicles are safer vehicles. Routine inspections can catch potential problems early, preventing breakdowns or accidents caused by malfunctioning components.
- Maintain the validity of your warranty. Failure to follow the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule can void your warranty if something breaks down and you need a repair.
- Preserve its resale value. When it’s time to sell or trade your car, a well-documented maintenance history can significantly increase its resale value. Potential buyers are more confident purchasing a vehicle with a solid maintenance record.
Types of Scheduled Vehicle Maintenance
Don’t wait for warning lights to illuminate on your dashboard. Be sure to schedule the following car maintenance appointments proactively:
- Oil changes. A regular oil change is perhaps the most critical aspect of vehicle maintenance. Fresh oil keeps your engine lubricated and running smoothly, preventing excessive wear and tear.
- Fluid changes. Besides an oil change, scheduled fluid changes — including brake fluid, power steering fluid and coolant — are essential for your car’s overall health.
- Tire rotation. Rotating your tires at recommended intervals ensures even wear and extends their lifespan. It also enhances traction and fuel efficiency, saving you money in the long run.
- Filter checks and replacement. Filters, such as the air filter and cabin filter, trap debris and pollutants, preventing them from entering your engine and cabin. Regular checks and replacements help maintain air quality and engine efficiency.
- Brake inspection. Regular brake inspections can identify worn brake pads and brake fluid issues before they become a safety hazard. Properly functioning brakes are crucial for your safety and the safety of others on the road.
- Belt and hose inspection. Belts and hoses degrade over time. A scheduled maintenance tune-up can identify any signs of wear or damage, preventing breakdowns due to belt or hose failure.
Maintenance Tune-Ups and Oil Change Service in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland
At Minit-Tune and Brake Auto Centres, we offer oil change services at our 15 convenient locations in B.C. and Alberta. Use our online coupon, and you’ll not only receive an oil and filter change, but you’ll also get a complete multi-point maintenance and safety inspection — we’ll check everything from the tires to the battery. Contact us today to find a location near you and book an appointment.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.