Knowing Your Vehicle: Electronic Auto Repairs
There is a lot going on under the hood of your vehicle. Many people take their cars and trucks for granted, relying on them to get them from point A to point B and only really paying attention when something goes wrong. Paying a bit more attention and understanding more about the working parts and electrical wiring that goes into making your vehicle operational can help you identify issues before they leave you stranded. Electric systems play a critical role and getting them checked regularly can help increase the longevity of your vehicle as well as minimize downtime.
Understanding Auto Electric Components
Electronic systems can be difficult to grasp and pinpoint in automotive systems, especially since the use of electricity is now so pervasive in vehicles. From navigational systems, phone chargers, headlights and windows, electricity helps make your car function and offers you plenty of comfort-enhancing features.
Major components of the electrical system include:
- The Battery: The most well-known component of your electrical system is the place where the system’s electrical current begins and ends. It stores a charge and is heavily impacted by temperature. The battery has to work its hardest when starting your engine.
- The Alternator: The spinning of the alternator produces energy and recharges the battery while the vehicle is running.
- The Starter: Aptly named, this component is an electric motor that begins the combustion and reaction and gets the system started by turning the engine over. Its location varies depending on the make and model of your vehicle.
- Cables and Wires: These are crucial to the system since they connect, limit, and control the direction of electricity. These conductors and resistors come in a variety of shapes and sizes and disconnections or deterioration are a common cause of electrical system issues.
Keep Your Vehicle Going with Electrical Services
We offer comprehensive services to keep your vehicle running smoothly. Whether you notice an issue or want to be proactive about your vehicle’s electrical system, we have services to meet your needs. Most people are aware of the importance of battery checks and services, but don’t forget the other components of your system!
Here are some of the electrical checks Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres offer:
- Starters & alternators
- Heating & air conditioning
- Ignition systems
- Fuel injection
- Anti-theft systems
- Airbag controls
- Power windows & locks
- Dashboard displays
- Anti-lock braking systems
Our skilled technicians are experts in auto electrical repairs in Vancouver and surrounding areas. Our range of services, from electrical to mechanical systems and beyond make Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres your one-stop auto repair destination in Vancouver. From battery testing, repairs or replacements right down to helping you understand the optimum use of your headlights, our team is here to help.
Get Your Electrical Checks Done at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres
If you want fast and reliable service, Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres can help keep your vehicle’s electric and mechanical components in their best condition. With a range of professional services and maintenance and auto repair centres in numerous locations across BC, our team can help you today.
No matter the make or model of your vehicle, our team of experts can help you keep its electrical system running its best. Trust a Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres location with 40 years of experience to take care of your vehicle repairs and maintenance checks. Book an appointment today!
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.