Reminders and Tips for Safe Winter Driving in B.C.
No matter how confident or experienced you are on the road, winter weather can bring in a whole new set of factors and concerns when it comes to driving. Consider refreshing your skills and keeping safety top of mind by reading the tips and tricks below, and bringing your vehicle in for a thorough seasonal inspection. Preparing yourself and your vehicle is the best way to ensure you are ready for short and long trips behind the wheel in all the varied conditions the season brings.
5 Reminders for Safe Winter Driving
Visit Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres to get your vehicle ready for the season and prepare yourself with these 5 straightforward but crucial reminders for safe driving:
- Check Headlights: Ensure your headlights are operating at their best and brightest. Visibility can be lower in the winter and issues with fog lights, low beams, or high beams can lead to avoidable accidents.
- Fully Clean Your Vehicle: It can seem sufficient to wipe off the front window and then peel out of your driveway, especially if you are in a rush. Having a full field of vision, by taking the time to clear all snow and ice, is paramount for staying in control on the roads though, so take the time to dust off your vehicle properly before leaving.
- Skip Cruise Control: Retire cruise control until the weather gets warmer so that you can maintain full control over your ride.
- Keep Half a Tank: Do not wait until your tank runs empty to fill up during the winter. If you get stuck or stranded in cold weather, you will want at least half a tank of gas in order to give you a source of heat.
- Use Winter Tires: Get your winter tires put on as soon as possible to avoid getting caught sliding in a sudden onslaught of winter weather.
Schedule Your Winter Vehicle Maintenance in Vancouver and Surrounding Cities at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres
Once you have refreshed your own driving skills, make sure your vehicle is winter-ready. Work with your local auto mechanic to get an assessment of your fluids, electrical, and transmission systems. When you are confident everything is working correctly, you can appreciate more control and reliability on the roads.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.