7 Signs You Need Brake Repair or Inspection
You are your vehicle’s best diagnostic tool. You drive it every day, and you grow accustomed to what your vehicle does and what it should not do. When you notice your vehicle is not operating as it should, you should see a professional for auto repair in Surrey right away.
One of the biggest changes to look out for is your brakes and how they are operating. Most importantly, you should know when it is time to take your vehicle in for brake repair in Vancouver or when to have them professionally inspected.
7 Signs It is Time for an Inspection or New Brakes in Vancouver
You do not have to be a trained mechanic to notice something is wrong with your brakes. Just by looking out for the warning signs you can identify a problem long before it becomes a costly repair or safety hazard. Some signs to look out for include:
- Noise: There is a screeching, grinding, or clicking noise as you press on the brake or try to decelerate your car.
- Pulling: As you press on the brakes, your vehicle has an obvious pull to one side, such as tugging to the right when you decelerate.
- Pushing the Pedal Far: If you have to press the pedal nearly to the floor of your vehicle just to engage the brakes, get it towed in for an inspection right away.
- Pushing the Pedal with Force: Having to use excessive force just to get your brakes to engage is also a sign that should not be ignored.
- Grabbing: When you barely touch the brake pedal, your brakes grab harshly, causing your vehicle to jolt or skid to a stop.
- Vibrations: As you press on the brake pedal, you notice that it vibrates or pulses, even when you are braking under normal conditions. A vibration when you suddenly brake (such as hitting the brake pedal hard to avoid a collision) may cause vibrations, but this is not necessarily a warning sign. It is likely your Anti-Lock Braking System getting activated.
- Brake Light: Some vehicles may detect issues within the brake system too, though often, these issues emerge when the brakes are clearly malfunctioning. If your vehicle’s brake light is illuminated on the dash, get it towed in for a check-up right away.
Your vehicle’s brakes will go out over time just due to wear and tear. Sometimes, brake systems can fail due to damaged or malfunctioning components. That is why it is critical to have your vehicle inspected if you have noticed any changes in your brakes, including what you may consider minor changes.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres offer in-depth inspections for brakes in Surrey, BC, and surrounding areas. Visit one of our auto repair centres today for brake repair or diagnostics and enjoy a 50 percent discount on quality brake pads or brake shoes, for a limited time only.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.