Winter is Hard on Your Car – Book a Spring Tune-Up Before Your March Break Vacation
Of course, we enjoy crackling fires and hot chocolate, but now it’s time to roll down the windows and feel the fresh, spring air. Open up that sun roof and let the sun cast its golden warmth. Before you do this, a full check-up for your car is in order.
Planning your Spring Break getaway? Get your car ready for the road. A quick oil change, brake and tire check, while important, is not sufficient. Bring in your vehicle to Minit-Tune Auto & Brake Centres, where our mechanics will offer the TLC it needs before you pack family and friends in for a March Break holiday.
Family picnics, road trip with friends, night on the town or routine driving; you want your car to run well. A thorough spring tune-up service covers essentials that help you avoid breakdowns. A full check-up will also make your car more fuel-efficient as the warmer weather approaches—the engine will be running more smoothly once we have done all the checks and adjustments that may be required after the onslaught of winter driving.
Our auto repair centre is also your auto “prepare” centre—we’ll get your wheels in shape for spring-summer trips!
Here’s what to expect as part of spring maintenance for your vehicle:
- Wash and wax the outer body to get rid of winter’s remaining salt and sand.
- Check the tire pressure and tire tread, especially on your truck tires.
- Check your transmission and look for any related problems such as stalling, difficult starts and rough idling.
- Check your battery, including corrosion and build-up on terminals and cables.
- Check your air-conditioning and heating system thoroughly.
- Check engine oil and all fluids – transmission, power steering, brake fluid, etc.
- Check lights, air filters, belts, hoses and windshield wiper blades.
- Apply protective treatments to vinyl and leather inside your car. You don’t want the increased exposure to sun and heat during the spring and summer to cause fading and cracking.
Whether it’s a day trip or a week-long vacation this spring, we want you and your loved ones to be safe, comfortable and stress-free on the road. Contact us today to book your auto tune-up. Choose a location that is convenient for you—we have centres across Vancouver, Surrey, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Langley, as well as in the Fraser Valley, Kelowna and Alberta.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.