Staying In Line: Wheel Alignment for Your Vehicle
Your wheels are one of the most important parts of your vehicle. They keep you in contact with the ground and help you maintain control of your vehicle with grip and traction. With so much wear and tear though, it is not surprising that wheels can become inefficient and unsafe without proper attention over time. Wheel alignment is one of the most common issues drivers face. However, there are some easy signs to help you determine if your vehicle needs to have its wheels realigned.
How to Know When You Need a Wheel Alignment
Here are a few useful tips to help you recognize when it is time to have a wheel alignment service performed on your vehicle:
- Drifting: If you notice your vehicle is drifting to one side and your steering wheel is oriented off-centre when you are trying to drive straight, it often indicates an alignment issue.
- Uneven Tire Wear: Take a look at your tires. If you notice the tread on one side of your vehicle or a certain edge has been worn much more quickly than other areas, this could indicate that it is time for a wheel alignment.
- Steering Wheel Vibrations: While tire vibrations can indicate other problems, such as issues with your suspension, feeling vibrations from your steering wheel may be solved by going in for a wheel alignment service.
- New Tires: If you have purchased new tires, it is a good idea to have a realignment performed so that they do not wear more quickly or unevenly than necessary.
- Annual Maintenance: Since wheel alignment is not outlined in the maintenance schedule that most manufacturers recommend, it can be tricky to remember and identify when you should have a service completed. Since the alignment requires precise measurements, special equipment, and differs depending on the vehicle model, it is important to stay on top of it to keep your car running straight and smoothly. Incorporate this check into your annual auto maintenance services to avoid experiencing any issues.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres provide wheel alignment services and a range of other maintenance checkups and repairs to keep all of your vehicle’s components working their best. If you need auto maintenance and repair services in Vancouver, trust our team of professionals for efficient and friendly service. Schedule your wheel alignment appointment or vehicle repair service in BC —book an appointment today or visit one of our convenient locations.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.