What Can You Do in Burnaby this August?
Summer will be over just as soon as it started, but that does not mean the activities for the season are ending. In fact, they are still in full swing. While you are waiting for auto repairs in Burnaby, why not spend your time enjoying one of the many activities Burnaby has to offer this August?
If you can, try to plan your auto repair or maintenance appointment around one of the key events of the month. That way, you have something to keep you entertained while your vehicle is being repaired.
What Fun Activities Can You Enjoy this August in Burnaby?
Instead of sitting in the waiting room at your local auto repair centre, why not plan your maintenance appointment around one of these events so you can get out and soak up the last few weeks of summer.
- Burnaby Blues and Roots Festival: The Burnaby Blues and Roots Festival starts on August 12th, 2017 and runs from 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres are open on Saturdays, which means you could bring your car in for routine maintenance and catch the festival all at the same time.
- Musical Ride at Swangard: The RCMP Musical Ride at Swangard Stadium is Friday, August 18th starting at 5:30 pm. You can pick up your vehicle from its auto repair appointment and head over to the show. Tickets are $10 and children under 5 are free to enter.
- Enjoy the Water: There is plenty of water fun, including outdoor pools, splash pads, and wading pools for the younger ones. While you wait for auto repairs, why not escape the summer heat and enjoy time in the pool? The Central Park Outdoor Pool on Boundary Road is a good place to start, or you can head to the spray pad at Cameron Park, Central Park, Edmonds, and even Suncrest Park.
- Go to the Park: Take the time you have while you wait to spend time with your kids at the local parks of Burnaby. Plenty of play areas in North and South Burnaby cater to children of all ages, such as the play areas at Brentwood, Cameron, Forest Grove, Cariboo, Civic Square, and Wesburn.
- Tour the Gallery: If it is too hot outside, venture indoors and tour the Burnaby Art Gallery on Deer Lake Avenue. Exhibits change throughout the year, such as the 70’s fashion show. Admission is $5, which serves as a donation to the gallery.
- Village Museum Tours: The Burnaby Village Museum is another place to go while you wait for your vehicle. The gate admission is free, and kids can take a ride on the park’s carousel for just $2.65 per ride.
Schedule Your Next Auto Repair in Burnaby
Burnaby is the perfect place to stop and enjoy the last few days of summer. While you are here enjoying the festivities, come over to Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres for all your car care needs. From routine maintenance to auto repairs, we are here to help.
Take advantage of our multiple locations throughout BC, including two auto repair centers in Burnaby, and find an auto repair shop near you today. For more information about our services, please contact a centre in your area.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.