What You Need to Know About Steering and Suspension
While most people know how to drive a vehicle, few take the time to learn more about how it works. That is unfortunate because learning a bit about your vehicle’s components can help you become a better driver. If you are interested in making your vehicle perform better, last longer, and work efficiently, read on to learn about your steering and suspension.
Key Components of Your Suspension
Here are the basics that come together to make your vehicle’s suspension system:
- Springs: There are different types of springs, but all serve to absorb the shock and motion of your wheels. In essence, they take the impact so your auto body doesn’t have to. The four basic designs include coil springs, leaf springs, torsion bars, and air springs. Different vehicles have different designs, but most modern small vehicles use coil springs and bigger trucks and heavy-duty vehicles use leaf springs.
- Dampers: The springs absorb the shock, but dampers dissipate the energy stored in the springs. Without dampers, your vehicle would continue to bounce up and down. There are three types; telescopic dampers, strut inserts, and lever-arm dampers. They all get the job done, just with slightly different designs.
No matter what kind of springs or dampers your vehicle has, the professionals at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres know how to get them working properly. If you are having troubles with your vehicle’s suspension, or would like to take a proactive approach to caring for your car, contact us today.
Signs Something is Wrong With Your Vehicle’s Suspension
If you have noticed any of the following issues while driving your vehicle, it is time to get your suspension checked out by a trained mechanic:
- Pulling to the left or right
- Jerking or vibrating steering wheel
- Steering adjustments required to drive straight
- Uneven wear on your tires
- Odd sounds when you drive over bumps
Come to Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres for Auto Repairs
Identified an issue with your vehicle’s steering or suspension? Rely on the team at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres for auto repairs in Vancouver and its surrounding cities. We have 40 years of experience, 16 convenient locations in BC and professional technicians to keep your suspension working properly. Our skilled technicians can provide you with all the auto services you need.
Whether you need a routine maintenance check or suspension repair, we have the tools and skills to get your vehicle ready for the road. Schedule your auto maintenance in Vancouver and its surrounding cities or book a maintenance appointment online.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.