Why is a Regular Oil Change So Important for Your Vehicle?
Maintaining your vehicle is your best line of defense against breakdowns and costly repairs. One of the most important maintenance tasks you could do, for a relatively low price, is that of an oil change.
Your vehicle is comprised of numerous moving parts, and those parts need lubrication. The oil in your car is what provides that protection. As you use your car, oil breaks down and loses its natural lubricating properties. It also becomes contaminated with dirt, debris, and dust. Once this happens, oil is no longer protecting the inside parts of your vehicle; in fact, in some cases, it could be causing more harm than good.
Booking an oil change or auto repair in Vancouver and surrounding areas with Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres will help keep your car working as it should.
5 Benefits of Timely Oil Changes
If you have been putting off your vehicle’s oil change for some time now, there are a few reasons to schedule your appointment and make sure you keep on top of this routine maintenance task.
- Your Engine Receives Much-Needed Lubrication – Pistons, valves, and other major components of your vehicle’s engine receive the lubrication they need to operate at their best. Just make sure you are using the right weight and grade of oil; otherwise, your oil change will not do you much good.
- Improved Fuel Economy – One of the best ways to save at the pump is by changing your oil regularly. When the engine is clean and properly lubricated, it runs cooler. Cooler engines are more efficient than an overheated engine.
- Increases Engine Lifespan – Regular oil changes remove the dirt and debris build up so that your engine components move more freely. When there is less friction, there is less wear. In turn, your engine’s lifespan is increased, and there will be less wear and tear on your engine.
- Lower Emissions – Whether you need an emissions screening or you are concerned about the environment, clean oil lets your engine run more efficiently and cleaner. So, your vehicle emits less dirty exhaust than an engine running on dirty, old oil.
- Better Performance – You could have a high-performance engine, but if your engine’s internal components are dry or improperly lubricated, they do not give their full mechanical output; thus, lowering the performance and power of your engine.
Schedule your Oil Change or Auto Repair in Vancouver and Surrounding Cities Today
When you are ready to take advantage of the numerous benefits of changing your vehicle’s oil, you can visit one of our convenient locations throughout Alberta and BC. We offer oil changes, maintenance tune-ups, tire changes and repairs and wheel alignment, and auto repair in Vancouver and surrounding cities.
Learn more about our auto repair services or book an appointment online at a location near you. If you have questions about oil changes, contact an auto repair centre in your area. Our friendly and knowledgeable auto repair and maintenance technicians are always happy to help.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.