Why Tire Pressure is Critical for Your Vehicle
Most people only take notice of their vehicle’s tire pressure when it is amiss. Don’t wait for an accident, flat, or blown tire to make you take notice. Staying aware of your tire pressure and doing a few simple checks will ensure you avoid danger and keep your tires lasting longer.
Risks of Tire Pressure Problems
There are problems associated with both over and under-inflated tires. While the optimal level of pressure depends on your vehicle make, model and tire type, you should be aware of the correct pressure level and aim to maintain it throughout the year.
If you are not convinced that you should bother with your tire pressure, here are a few of the risks associated with driving on tires that are not properly inflated:
- Poor fuel economy
- Longer stopping distances that can impact safety
- Sluggish or ineffective handling
- Increased and uneven tire wear
- Flat or blown tires
Tips for Maintaining Your Tire Pressure
To keep your tires working well, and stay safe on the road, your tires need to be properly inflated. Follow these guidelines to ensure consistent tire pressure:
- Check it: Take the time to verify tire pressure each month, and always before long drives or road trips. You don’t want to get stuck with a flat or blown tire mid-journey. Be sure to perform the check after the vehicle has been parked for at least three hours for an accurate reading.
- Know the Signs: Don’t ignore warning lights on your dash. If you see a red or yellow tire pressure warning light up, take the warning seriously and test the tire pressure yourself or head to a local mechanic.
- Get Regular Vehicle Inspections: Rely on automotive experts to ensure your tires and entire vehicle are in top-performing condition. If you are hesitant or unsure what to look for when gauging the pressure of your tires, it is best to leave it to the professionals. There at 18 convenient Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres locations across BC and Alberta who can provide assistance.
Trust Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres for Tire and Auto Repairs
Visit the Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres location near you for tire inspections and auto repairs in Vancouver and surrounding cities. Our experienced technicians are dedicated to providing fast and friendly auto repairs. With 40 years of experience and a wide variety of service options, we are your destination for tire and auto maintenance and repairs.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.