Your Guide to the Ultimate BC Road Trip
The weather is changing, the sun is shining, and it’s almost time for the long-anticipated vacation season. That time when we get to hit the pause button on the stress in our lives and enjoy something that defies our normal routine. While some vacationers live for the destination, others choose to embrace the journey—paving the way for the ultimate BC road trip.
Even Canadian natives can testify to the beauty and diversity of the BC area, and with the help of a well-maintained vehicle you can see more of it. A road trip is the perfect way to experience the “must-see” destinations without having to settle on one locale. Whether you get bored easily or just refuse to spend all of your free time in one spot, the open road can be the solution. Choosing your route can be challenging, which is why we’ve compiled a list of the best places to visit in BC.
What to Consider Before You Pack Up and Head Out
As exciting as this road trip promises to be, there are a few things to consider before taking off:
- The Condition of Your Vehicle: Without a reliable vehicle, you won’t be going anywhere. Make sure that you look into auto repair in Vancouver and its surrounding cities so that you can schedule a complete tune-up and plan ahead for any unexpected issues. The professionals at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres are ready to help you at our various locations and can make sure that your road trip doesn’t turn into a towing tragedy.
- Pack Accordingly: It’s important not to take everything including the kitchen sink, but you should have clothing and supplies that can accommodate all of the changing areas and activities that you plan on. Don’t forget the basic hygiene and personal care items as well as necessary licenses and funding.
- Locate Resources: Aside from the Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres, you should have a basic knowledge of general stores, gas stations, accommodations, and visitor centres. This gives you a safety net just in case something unexpected comes up.
The Best BC Road Trip Destinations
For this itinerary, we agree with Tyson Kothlow of Narcity who released an article last year detailing the “most epic road trip through BC that anyone’s ever been on.” These are just some of the highlights, in order of arrival:
- Whytcliff Park/ West Vancouver: A gorgeous place for leisurely exploration.
- Garibaldi Lake/ Squamish: Take a refreshing dip in this glacial lake.
- Pavilion Lake/ Lillooet: Famous for crystal clear waters and its peaceful surroundings.
- Cedar Creek Estate Winery/ Kelowna: “Winery,” need we say more?
- Othello Tunnels/ Hope: Take a walk through a mountain, where engineering meets history.
- Harrison Hot Springs Resort/ Harrison Hot Springs: Relax and unwind as your trip nears its end.
- Buntzen Lake/ Anmore: Take this last opportunity to enjoy nature before going back to the real world.
- Back Home to Vancouver: Now, start planning your next trip!
Without a Well-Maintained Vehicle, there is No Road Trip
Keep in mind that the quality of the road trip is dependent on the quality of the vehicle you’re travelling with. Whether navigating rugged terrain or speeding along quiet highways, your car, truck, or van needs to be at its best. While you’re getting your complete tune-up, make sure to ask the experts at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres if they have any recommendations for tires or vehicle accessories to improve performance during the trip. You can visit any of our Vancouver locations before you leave, or at one of the others listed below:
Contact us online or at one of our convenient locations for more information on how Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres can help you have the adventure of a lifetime.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.