Windshield Wipers—More Important than You Think!
Have you ever been driving along, going through the motions, when suddenly you get hit with that torrential downpour? Out of nowhere, your visibility is gone, and the highway can turn into a treacherous place. Fortunately, your windshield wipers can save the day and beat back the rain to help you safely navigate the road. But, what happens if they don’t work?
All too often, drivers neglect their windshield wipers until it’s too late. We can go months at a time without needing to turn them on, and many of us have an “out of sight, out of mind” policy when it comes to small things—until not having them turns into a big problem. Most of us have struggled with attaching our windshield wipers. Some of us have even committed to avoiding inclement weather instead of just admitting that we couldn’t figure out how to keep the windshield wipers from flying off. It doesn’t have to be this way. The professionals at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres are willing and able to get them on for you quickly and discreetly. Changing your wipers at least twice a year is only one of these valuable safety tips provided by the Insurance Bureau:
- Schedule Spring Maintenance: Having your car checked for oil, windshield wipers, tires, brakes, and filters is a great way to keep things running smoothly as the seasons change.
- Stay on Top of Tire Pressure: Make sure that you’re regularly checking the air in your tires at least once a month and update your spare. This can save on gas mileage and prevent a future run-in with a tow truck.
- Check Wiper Fluid: Changing the wiper blades is only half the battle. You should also top off your windshield wiper fluid to make sure it’s there when you need it. This is one of those things you don’t think about until you end up with a windshield that you can’t see through!
- Avoid Road Hazards: This may sound like a common-sense precaution, but many people don’t realize that road hazards can include things like potholes and unsealed gravel. These conditions can create problems for everything from your alignment to your tires and can also cause you to lose control while driving. If you do have to deal with them, pay attention and slow down.
- Update Your Emergency Kit: Getting stuck by the side of the road at least once in your lifetime is an inevitability. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, and this means traveling with a fully stocked emergency kit. This will contain everything from road flares to basic first aid and can help you be prepared for a long wait. Check this at least once a year to make sure that nothing is expired and to add items that you think are necessary.
Learn More About Vehicle Basics
It’s important to educate yourself before you end up in an unpleasant situation that could have been avoided with a few simple precautions. Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres offers plenty of valuable information on auto repair and maintenance and can help you to make informed decisions about your vehicle’s care.
Don’t wait until you need these fixes to contact our friendly technicians at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres. Check out our website or contact us at one of our 18 locations for more information on what we can do for you.
Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres Address Common Issues
Here at Minit-Tune & Brake Auto Centres in British Columbia, we’re always pleased to help our customers get the most out of their cars and trucks. To that end, we’ll add a relevant blog topic from time to time to keep you up to date and getting the most out of your vehicle.